Monday, December 9, 2013

MICROTEACHING II LESSON FEEDBACK

Please post your feedback for my MicroTeaching II lesson here. Thank You!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Gino,

    Your lesson on themes was great and a lot of fun. The idea of splitting us into two groups for the discussion was excellent. The only thing was I did not know where to start when you put us into groups. You worked with the other group and we just sat there for a few minutes kind of lost. It would have worked better if there was a little more direction for the panel. The poster idea about theme was the best part. It was fun to draw a theme and connect it to the real world. Overall, it was a great lesson, it just needed a little more direction at some points but you did a great job working with us through out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gino,

    I really enjoyed your lesson on theme! I thought that that the idea of having a few provocateurs leading the class discussion during your explore was a great idea. It's something that I'd love to use in my future classroom during a group discussion.

    One thing that you could do to improve the lesson for next time is to maybe have students look for real world connections to the themes in the text while they are reading for homework. It would help students who need more time to think prepare for the poster portion of the lesson better, and it might even allow students to add more to the group discussion.

    Overall, your lesson was wonderful, and I'd definitely use your model in my future classroom!

    Have a great week!
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gino
    Gino, you did a great job on Microteaching II. You did a good job reintroducing themes at the beginning of the lesson and I feel as though your lesson was very hands on and fun. Also, the video on Martin Garcia Marquez was very factual and was a good way to begin the lesson. It changed the way I thought about the short story that was for homework and I was able to connect the themes to this author.
    A suggestion I do have is to do more about connecting the themes of the short story to modern day situations that occur today. Since this was part of the main idea. I feel as though connecting each theme we identified to a real world situation would be beneficial to the students.
    Overall, you did an awesome job and I wish you luck in the future!
    Have a great winter break!
    -Tiffany Smith

    ReplyDelete